We work with local authorities and other agencies to investigate tenancy fraud, using information-sharing protocols, but we also rely on information from members of the community.
Tenancy fraud includes a tenant:
- Not using a property as their only and principle home.
- Obtaining a tenancy through a false statement.
- Unauthorised or fraudulent succession.
- Sub-letting the whole property to another person(s).
- Securing a home using a false document or claiming to be someone else.
- Securing a home by giving a false statement, such as claiming to be homeless, for example.